Friday 25 May 2007

What next

Well I am now a signed up District and Parish Councillor. I seem to be attending at least one meeting each night and there is a pile of paperwork I have yet to get to the bottom of. But I am enjoying the challenge and relishing the chance to make a difference.

I have joined the Independent Group on the District Council. This does not affect my status as a Green Party representative but does mean that I get to be on the Development Control Committee which is closer to my interests and skills than the other options I was offered as a lone Councillor.

I attended the Climate Change Conference "Moving to another World" on the 16th and witnessed the signing of the Nottingham Declaration by Jaki Salisbury the CEO of Mid Beds DC. The conference was very inspiring with a number of excellent speakers telling us what can be done to tackle this huge problem. Copies of the presentations can be found at http://www.midbeds.gov.uk/council/corporate/lsp/climate/default.asp I will be working to make sure that the Council now follow through on this commitment to take action.

No comments: